Thursday, December 12, 2013

Don't be Afraid to Dream


"I wish I had time to start painting every day", "I wish I could live in New York", "I wish I could work as a gardener", "I wish I could change my career and do something I really enjoy", "I wish I had the courage to change my life", "I wish I could start listening to myself", "I wish I could stop thinking what others think"...


I wish...

 
Sounds familiar? So what is stopping you? Is it money? Or comfort? Are you thinking what others might say? Or are you afraid of failing while attempting to catch your dream?


Some dreams are meant to stay as dreams and never to be fulfilled. Dreaming is in our nature - it gives hope and optimism about the future, pushes you when you are exhausted and is there for you when you feel failed. Everyone of us fails sometimes. It is us who are ourselves' greatest judges. And critisism is the best way to kill dreams. Why wouldn't we just give ourselves a right to dream? So what if you dream big and never reach that dream? But if you don't dream, ah, you won't have the hope that one day you just might get there.


You might start by painting once in a while. You might end up on a vacation in New York and find new friends. You might fall in love. You might find yourself working doing something completely different than you ever thought possible, and love it. Courage, friends, that's all it needs. A bit of courage, curiosity and imagination, and tomorrow just might be the first day of the rest of your life.



X Ang Moh Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy reading: