Friday, November 8, 2013

The Best Hot Chocolate Ever!


Okay, so I live in Singapore, a country with non-stop 30ºC around the year and humidity that makes your hair decide it wants to look like bird's nest. Still, I'm a fan of chocolate ;) You can find my all-time most popular home-made simple chocolate recipe here. This drink can be enjoyed cold or warm but I actually enjoy it hot on those days when it's pouring heavily and the thunder is just right on top of me (which happens quite often here). That's when I feel GREAT! :D I've always loved thunder. My dad says when I was younger I always wanted to go outside when it's the worst possible weather and just stand there, with a raincoat on, and listen to the nature playing its loudest performance. I can still remember that... 

Anyways, back to Singapore and the recipe! What you need is your favourite milk (I don't recommend anything 'light' because the cacao power will not mix well and.. it just doesn't taste that good :D), 1 tablespoon of cacao powder, cinnamon, honey/agave syrup to sweeten (if your milk isn't sweet already), 1 teaspoon of maca powder (optional) and your favourite mug! Cacao powder includes lots of antioxidants and minerals such as magnesium, nitrogen, zinc and iron that have good effects for example on blood pressure and the immune system and that can help in headache, anemia, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. They don't say chocolate is good for you for nothing! ;)







Finally, a short anecdote. My husband made us two mugs with our pictures on them when we first took time apart. One for me, one for him. I had just been to Singapore for an exchange and had to leave to Finland. We had been dating for two months. But we survived the long distance thanks to skype, watsapp and lots of great memories, just like the ones I get to re-live every time I enjoy my cup of hot chocolate!

Next post will be about something completely other than food, promised ;)


X Ang Moh Chick

2 comments:

  1. This hot chocolate looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Rochelle! It's the best drink on a rainy day :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy reading: