Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Creamy Pumpkin Soup


I hardly eat soups here in Singapore because of the hot weather. I still wanted to try making a creamy pumpkin soup and it turned out to be so good that I wanted to share it with you! 

You need:
  • 1/2 small size pumpkin
  • 2 stocks of celery
  • A handful of dried (or fresh) mushrooms
  • 200ml cream of your choice
  • Onion, garlic (optional, I'm allergic so I didn't use)

Simmer mushrooms (and onions) in a little bit of vegetable stock for about 30 minutes. In the meanwhile, cut the pumpkin and the celery into small pieces. After the 30 minutes or so, add in the pieces and cook until the pumpkin is soft. Add the cream and bring to boil, then let the soup cool down. When the soup is a bit cooler, blend it smooth in a blender or use an immersion blender.


Before serving, mix a handful of pumpkin seeds (those ready ones, not the ones in the pumkin :D) in the soup and sprinkle some on top. I enjoyed my soup with two pieces of bread topped with fried eggs, ham, feta cheese, olives and pesto - my addiction. Yummy!! :)



X Ang Moh Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy reading: