Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Best Places in Singapore - Part IV: Flower Dome

Ok this place is a tourist attraction. BUT I think that the place is awesome! I think Flower Dome and Cloud Forest (next post) are still something to experience even if you are a Singaporean and try to avoid any tourist places. If you have children these two places (among Gardens by the Bay of course, see the previous post) are wonderful experiences, feed their magical minds and imagination. It's like being Alice in Wonderland, or like visiting the scenes of movies The Wizard of Oz or Avatar (I think Cloud Forest that I will next post about is exactly like the Avatar world and I love it even though I'm nearly 30!!) ;)



I went to the Flower Dome at around 6.30 so that I got to walk around the area outside first and then experience the lighting change inside the Dome. I think it is worth it to go in the evening as the lighting will turn the tropical garden and its colors magical.

 

After the sun sets the lights of the Dome turn the atmosphere totally and the plants truly become alive. The building itself is also beautiful and you can enjoy the scene of the Singapore flyer and Marina Bay Sands through the glass walls and ceiling. The ceiling reflects all the different color lights creating a fantasy sky above the garden.



Go enjoy and remember to hug a tree for peace :)


X Ang Moh Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy reading: